COMMEMORATING THE TITANIC
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Head to Leadville for a special weekend commemorating the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and Leadville’s own “Unsinkable" Molly
Brown. This event is produced by The Leadville Assembly, Inc.
- A tour of the home in which Benjamin Guggenheim lived, thanks to a special arrangement with the current owners;
- Keynote speaker Michelle Spadavecchia presenting a comprehensive view of the real Margaret Tobin Brown;
- A showing of the famous 1958 black-and-white movie, "A Night to Remember;"
- A luncheon "Tea with Molly" at Quincy's Restaurant; and
- A three-course dinner, based on a menu from the Titanic, including Punch Romaine, cream of barley soup, filet de beouf lili, chicken lyonnaise, and Waldorf pudding, served formally in the historic banquet room inside The Golden Burro.
Several passport packages and lodging specials are available. Please click here for more information about this historic weekend.
Send to a friend
Back to Events Calendar